Monday, January 18, 2010

It's a Red Passion Fruit!



Written by Mrs. Money




This is my dairy of growing passion fruit trees:



On Sept 2008 - My aunt Alice gave me an imported red passion fruit, she told me this Japan passion fruit species smelt so good like Sankist. I cut it into half and gave the other half to my dad for sowing in his garden.



On Nov 2008 - However, my seeds never germinated after two months, so I flew two of my dad's successful germinated seedlings all the way from oil city to Money tai tai's garden



On Dec 2008 - Upon my returning trip from Singapore, I brought along some more red passion fruits, this time it's Taiwanese.



On beginning of 2009 - Due to lots of rains, sowed passion fruits seedlings germinated at all patches.






Oct 25th, 2009: First passion fruit blossom emerged







First baby passion fruit






Dec 1st, 2009: First passion fruits grew into a very big passion fruit, but so far at this point, I didn't see any trace of new passion fruit blossom






40 days later: First passion fruit dropped prematurely caused either drought or disturbed by one of my little "monkeys". I was quite dissapointed and speculated that the skin of my passion fruit trees have mutated to green skin species





Dec 2009: Everywhere got passion fruits blossom.





Jan 2010: Everywhere got passion fruits.





Jan 19th, 2010: From a green passion fruit turned to palish yellow, and then finally red pigmentations revealed! All my doubts and suspicions gone .... Wow, it's a red passion fruit!

After three months absence from his oil town garden, my dad told me he also saw a dropping dried-up premature passion fruit on the ground upon his returning home, I told him most probably it's due to drought but the good news is now, his passion fruit trees are also bearing fruits.





Feb 4th, 2010. This is the oval species



Feb 14th, Chinese New Year. Truly juicy, very sweet and smelt like Sankist, my aunt's description. I would advice everyone to plant it! Buy a very big pot, filled up with compose, then you come pop in my house for some cuttings!



Quite a big oval passion fruit on Feb 14th, 2010



Palm size round passion fruit on Feb 14th, 2010



Love gift to my Singapore sister



First harvest of oval and round purple red passion fruits

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I wanna have purple Passion Fruit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming soon, can have passion fruit punch for Chinese New Year Eve Dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry mui mui, next round I will give to you, patient comes first in out case!

    ReplyDelete