Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Applying MyKid’s Number and MyKid Card for Overseas Born Kids


All a sudden my daughter’s principal asked me for her MyKid’s number, I was wondering what was it!



Written by Mrs. Money


(Reminder: Look up for Warganegara!)

My son is coming to 8 soon and my daughter is 5 but due to my ignorant I never heard of such thing called MyKid’s number but a while ago I did read once from newspapers that our Malaysian under 12 kids in option can apply for their children’s identity card.

Then this early morning before 7:30, my daughter’s principal asked me to give her my daughter’s MyKid’s number but I asked her, “What is it?” She quickly produced one of her Malaysian born student’s birth certificate with 12 digits coded number on the top right corner and the birth certificate number somewhere downwards.


Gosh! But my kids birth certificates issued in NZ Malaysian high commision are so different from what I saw. I became nervous, I rushed back home, turned in internet, there were someone in certain blogs also asked the doubtful questions like me, but someone advised them to ignore MyKid card as long as they have Malaysian birth certificate done. However, in my case, both my children are studying in Malaysia and now the Education Ministry is requesting for my daughter’s name, MyKid’s number and birth certificate number.

So I started to call Kuching IC department, there was no one answered the phone, I then only realized that I was calling them 10 minute before 8:00 am!

Finally a little after eight, I made a call again, this time I got someone answer, after few transfers finally they told me, “Look for Warga Negara.”


About 3:00pm, I got my two kids out from nursery brought them to that popular passport and IC building somewhere in Simpang Tiga, when one enters the building the right side upstairs is passport office and for IC making one has to turn left and go upstairs, but the upstairs got so many departments, so I asked from the enquiry counter, one of the ladies told me, “If your kids born in overseas, they don’t have MyKid’s number, you wait until they are 12 years old then you come to make one!”
“What?” I argued slightly, so finally the lady issued me a number to ask me queue up the IC department to enquire from one of those staff.

While sitting and waiting, I asked my friend who came along with me, “Are you sure this is where we should sit?”
“Supposedly!"
“But this morning they told me Warga Negara (registration Dept) but this is IC department!”

I returned to the enquiry counter again asked the lady, “Do you have so call Warga Negara here?”

“Sure! This is the number, you go right there now.” She pointed at the opposite side.

“Hooray! We don’t need to wait.” Immediately I was served.

This staff named Encik Mujammed Hazid from Warga Negara was so helpful and friendly, he turned in the computer, “Your son’s MyKid’s number is in our system already.”
“Really?” I was thrilled
He turned his computer to show me, “Look here!”
I was relief of what I saw.
Then he told me, “I will apply MyKid Card for them ok?”
“Gee! Thanks so much Encik” He's really so thoughtful.

Later he even gave me two print-out receipts for collection with MyKids number provided, upon reaching home, I could just copy down the Mykid’s number to the Ministry of Education enquiry form that my daughter’s principal given in the morning.

“When I come to collect?”

“Around two months.”

“Thanks so much, my information was it would take three months!”

So if your kids born in overseas, as long as they were registered as Malaysian citizens, their MyKid’s numbers are already in the registration system, you only need to go Warga Negara asking for the number and requesting to issue MyKid’s card.

Hi! Kids will love their IC, their IC is without photo and thumb print, but remember when they reach 12, you have to bring your kids to change another adult IC with photo and thumb print.

As Malaysian citizens, we should be very grateful that our country provides us free MyKid’s card free of charged. You just need to bring along kids’ birth certificates and your own IC (either mother or father).

I was so impressed of how good the altitude of this Warga Negara staff, Mr. Muhammed Hazid, I told him that he reminded my good Yugoslovakian Muslim friend that I met back in late 80s in E. Europe whose last name is also Hazid. “I really appreciate your help, Mr. Hazid!”

Note: My experience with passport dept staff were as good too when I renewed my passport many months ago.

These are the enquiry numbers: 082-248120/082-414662 (Warga Negara, Kuching)


No comments:

Post a Comment