Sunday, January 10, 2010

Acute Common Sense Developed


To prevent conned by con-Men or con-Women


Written by Mrs Money



Case Study 1


My friend received a SMS from an associate Ms. Sly who now rented the shop lot that once my friend used to rent from a landlord.

My friend was informed "kindly" by this associate Ms. Sly that the landlord's clerk has informed her that my friend still owe my landlord RM700 legal fee to a legal firm.

So my friend called her lawyer asking for details if a decade old expired agreement has to be cancelled through a lawyer or once an old agreement is expired, any continuing rental with mutual understanding will terminate automatically but in such case my friend already kindly slotted in a new tenant (Ms. Sly) immediately to rent the ex-landlord's shop lot without even a single day break.

In this case, my friend didn't ask the ex-landlord for a month's commission fee for introducing a new tenant but how could the landlord asked for any tenancy termination legal fees if such thing really existed?


So my friend sent few messages to question the associate Ms. Sly.

"First, I signed tenancy agreement more than 10 years ago and I already paid the legal firm 10 years ago too. Now what kind of legal fees that I still owe to the ex-landlord?"

"Second, how can my ex-landlord's clerk ask for the money after almost 6 months after I terminated the rental (with proper advanced notice and notify the landlord of a comfirmed new tenant too), but why not asking from me directly as they all got my PH but instead of telling you that I owe them money?"

"Thirdly, anyway how could my ex-landlord if signing agreement or any termination agreement when they engaged in a lawyer if on my behalf but how could they never contact me or ask for my consent and agreement?"

"Fourthly, if I never consulted or engaged in any lawyer asking for any service or sign on any pertinent document why I have to pay fee to a legal firm?"

At the end, you know what my friend have found out?

Ms. Sly made up a story bluffing and informing to my friend that the landlord's clerk had informed her!

Actually Ms. Sly undervalued my friend, she expected my friend would be absently minded, trusted her and stupid enough without probing details. I suspected it was a dirty trick deliberately plotted by Ms. Sly to my friend, so my friend would settle the legal fees for Ms. Sly's New Tenancy Agreement without any question!

No comments:

Post a Comment