Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Goodies in Kuching City January 2010



Recommended by Mrs. Money



Trusted Female Attorney, Winnie Wong

Barak Legal Practice
Level 1, Lot 259, 18A
Ellis Road, 93300
Kuching
PH: 082-414536
I remember when I was young, one day my mom returned home from Sibu after her over 10 hours day trip but ended up crying and sobbing desperately, I found out it was because there was a lawyer (his last name is Lau) in Sibu town who re-photocopied her IC then imitated her signature to process her shared-land with her brother-in-law for development without giving her notice neither with her consent. Eventually my mom learned it and confronted the lawyer, but he would act so fiercely, he would deliberately insulted my mom very unreasonably and then ignored her to make her bugging off from his law office.
Then in 1997 economic depression I heard that this lawyer lost most of his wealth, even if I don't go after him when I grow up, God would do that for me and my mom and the punishment would be much heavier for a crook like him.
During old days, there were hardly female lawyers around town and when women got problems they really didn't know where to look for a reliable trusted lawyer. Even these days when businesswomen wanted to start or close their businesses they would still prefer a female attorney.
When women in distressed they even need a kind female lawyer who can give a shoulder and strengths to pass the difficult time. I would strongly recommend lawyer Winnie Wong in Kuching, though Winnie is born into a very prestigious family and since teenage she was brought up in New Zealand but now she is a pastor's wife in Kuching, juggling with three lovely active young children yet every weekly she even leads a church choir and mothers' enrichment class.


TOM'S
82 padungan Street
Kuching
Ph:082-247672

When I first moved to Kuching, Lawyer Winnie Wong kindly gave me a Tom's cake that really warded off my home-moving anxiety and quiet down my active young kids. I admit that Tom makes the best cakes in town, the money spent is worth for the quality and taste!


Only on durian season, Tom makes durian cake!



Yellow Ant's Homemade Soaps

Ann Wong
HP: 0138258218


Last year Aug 15th, all friends and relatives were so impressed after they attended Ann's beach wedding (I would rate that as the most innovative, talk about and interesting wedding of the year), in addition after the wedding they all received Ann's gift of aqual blue soap shaped in different species of shells.

I called Ann for her special custom-made soaps as Christmas gifts for my guests since last year, this Christmas she gave all the guests something to talk and of course all guests witnessed some bewilding screams from kids, because if ones looked carefully they could see an insect or an amphibian(either ants, spider or tortoise) inside their respective red coloured soaps.

Initially she thought of giving the soaps to only children but ended every adults also wanted a piece to bring home.



Ann's wedding shell soap and Xmas Soap with an ant consealed


The Christmas gift soap was packed so nicely too



Most Delicious Bao Bian in Kwong Hup Coffee Shop



Kuching



I could actually catch up more with my old friend Jennifer before I moved to Kuching, but when I am here in Kuching we hardly could make up for each others, many times since last year she would call me, "Hi money tai tai, I just bought the most delicious Bao Bian in town, can I pop in your house." Unfortunately I was too tied up with something else that I could no way making it to return home to meet her.

So eventually this week we finally met each others, at first when she told me to go eat Bao Bian, my face turned a funny look at her as I preferred heavy kolo mee breakfast. But my mind soon changed after I took my first bite on this Bao Bian made by this talented older couple Mr. and Mrs. Kueh.






Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Kueh



It's not soaky, not too sweet, wouldn't make you feel thirsty after eating it



Yummy Bao Bian made by Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Kueh

No comments:

Post a Comment