Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brinning and Roasting a Duck

Created and Written by Mrs. Money


My aunt Alice helped me to buy a big male duck and offered to roast it for me as I don't have a big induction wok.

Since I learned Americans brinned their turkey before baking, as I was brinning my turkey, so I thought might be as well experimented a duck at the same time to be brinned before roasting.

The brinning really helped, the roasted duck tasted yummy.

Special appreciation to my aunt Alice to make this dish successfully roasted.

Remember to cut off the ball or the whole tail if it is a male duck, or else your roasted duck might end up an unwanted bad smell.


Blend ginger, garlic, blue-ginger, salt, sesame oil, red rice wine, soy sauce, spring onion and five spice powder


Add the blended sauce to brine the duck


Let the duck stay over a day in the refrigerator

Prepare sauce to roast the duck: cooked sugar until liquid, fried red onion, ginger, blue ginger, garlic and 5 spice powder with sesame oil. Add soy sauce, bean paste, red wine and water, roasting under high fire for 15 minutes, then turn medium for 30 minutes and then another hour in low fire.

Here it comes.... roasted duck

No comments:

Post a Comment