Thursday, June 24, 2010

THERE WAS SUCH A YOUNG MAN WHO CAME ACROSS MY LIFE BEFORE


He played me as it a little rabbit in his foxy hands



Written by Mrs. Money





Many years ago in an oil city, I was involved in a community service by working as a newly formed pro tem charitable organization committee president, then one day my friend brought along a potential colleague of hers to join in one of its activities. He is quite a talented guy and without checking much on his personality and background, I directly promoted him to a certain designation just because he told me his mom was from my hometown and also because I always treasured talents and potential youngsters.

I still remember his name as Aphi Then, actually I was never too close to him (not even having coffee once with him) but he was one of the most ingratitude young men that I came across in my life, may be due to he was employed and trained in an aggressive oil and gas Company made him such a subtle unharmed outlook.

For at least three years, no matter how much I tried to promote him, the arrogant young man acted as he was just somebody greater than me, but never realizing that I was trying to help and promote him silently. However in return to me, he was so cruel and unreasonable. He secretly cooperated with his old friend whom he respected, his plan was if his deal got success, my organized society would be a history and his friend would fly in town periodically to share a piece of the cake. With his friend to counterate my professionalism, immediately Alphi leaded another exact similar activity group with the help and backup from his oil & gas company.

Very soon, our pro tem committee was invited by Aphi's oil and gas company to a brain-storming session between his top managing bosses and my pro tem committee and as a president, I was continuously questioned by his top bosses of my abilities to succeed in registering such a charitable society. They kept emphasizing that they got so many elites, talents and the cream of the cake in their company that they could probably do a better job. In short a scene plotted by Alphi to convincing the oil town general public, his bosses and my pro tem committee members that I was simply not elite enough, not smart enough, not talented enough and not good enough to work as a president of such activity organization and smoothly, things got his ways.


But very soon everything cooled down, I found out later that Alphi never succeeded his ways when his bosses who supported him got transferred. However Alphi never gave up kicking me out from my pro tem committee, he befriended with a staff whom I trusted the most and her uncle was a YB, and as before I left the town for my maternity leave in overseas, I appointed this most trusted staff to be the acting president of such non profitable organization to take over my works. With backup from my betrayed staff, Aplhi was on his ways for another plot again, especially they went to mass together every weekly. So more than four years no news charity organization from registrar office, it suddenly got approved after four months I left my duty temporary. I still didn’t know their games behind me, I immediately wrote a recommendation letter to let this trusted staff by then as a president of the newly approved non-profitable organization.


After few months, this trusted staff suddenly left my businesses with another staff, who also became a good friend of Aphi, they took more than 70% of my business resources to open their own business and they put out such an arrogant altitude to me that, "You know who is my uncle?" Due to such crisis, I rushed back from overseas to the oil city, with such a sudden return, my ex-staff puts up such story, “She wants to the president back again!” Which I never thought of in my brain, as I already successful gave up my responsibilities, all the while in my mind I just wanted to help the oil town youngsters and I knew that I wouldn't stay in the oil town forever as I already long got my PR to leave the town once all my duties done.

Very soon, the secretary of the approved society called, “Are you still interested to become the president?” In such an old age having the crying baby, I would be an idiot if I agreed. Immediately upon my return from what I heard the gossips here and there, I figured out very soon of what had happened. I wanted to confirm my doubts of who was one of my greatest enemies that planned to bar me from having anything to do with such a non-profitable society, in short I wanted to find out who was behind the whole scene.

I replied the secretary, “Sure, but in a condition that …………. unless 100% of the committee members agreed to let me becoming the president then I will take the post again.” She didn’t know I just wanted to set a trap to let the enemy fallen into it.

On the next day, few people called me up, “Last night, when we were asked who opposed you to be the society president again, only Aphi making his excuses to bar you.”

“Very good, that’s what the answer I wanted. Thank you very much for informing me!”

“BINGO!”

When I returned, I learned that just a few months before, one of the committee members requested to quit her position as a treasurer due to when she was asked by such approved non-profitable society president to approve a bill of RM50, but with a 1 added ahead, which got claimed as RM150. Less than a year later, my ex-staff quitted her presidentship probably she found there was not much kan tou in such non-profitable organization, but her presidentship had already landed and created her extra jobs and contracts in her uncle’s political party.

I always wondered if that Aphi really had shallow eye sight, he trusted his church dishonest friend more than the honest me who once treasured and cherished him. When I was the president for such pro tem society, I had to dump in so much of my own and family money to let the necessary activities ran, in realistic neither YBs nor any oil and gas company willing to help an not yet approved society.

I still ran my business soundly after such crises of facing bankruptcy done by my ex-staff. I always told myself, “If I could start out from nothing to something in my career, I am not afraid of any crisis; but for those ex-staff who tried to steal my resources to start out their new business establishments, they probably thought that what they did to me would get me to hell. As they only knew how to ‘steal’ and ‘rob’ openly without any guilt after they walked out from their churches.” Only God knew that how well I treated them, so they got no face to do bad things when I was in town.

Any social activities by then became a history to me in the oil town. Alphi never knew that I knew what he did to me, very soon he came in the scene again with a thick face, who knew that he was not happy again I was doing well again in my business! Well, I thought he should be unharmed to act silly by then, I always wondering why he was not just against my positioning in the pro tem society but seemingly he also didn’t like to see that I was living soundly and happily. Very soon after he visited me, he called me wanted to order something, but when the thing arrived, his handphone was not active, so I called his office, one of his colleague replied, “Sorry he is in Holland now!”
“How about the FFFF that he ordered from me? He knew today the thing is coming as I already told him the date, and the things will get rotten soon if he doesn’t come to collect it!”
“Sorry, I don’t think he will be in town tonight or tomorrow.”

A week later Alphi called me, “Where is my FFFF?” he never apologized.
Customer is always right, I didn’t scold him or telling him off and I tried to get rid of him politely. Who knew this Aphi was still not happy of not toying me enough, few months later he wanted to order a big item from me that probably would cost like RM30000.00 to 50000.00++, and again he played me up after I spent so much phone bills to ask information he required from my supplier. I told myself, “Enough is enough! Aphi the sinking boat, you go under water!” Soon, he got posted by his oil and gas company to work in Holland, what a bless for a young man like him if God got eyes but his bosses in his oil and gas company probably were blind like me!

I really don’t like this young man Alphi, now you must be wondering why a character like me hated a young man who was at least 10 years younger than me in reverse of a normal days I would have promoted his interest to give him a lift whenever I could like a teacher.

Alphi became one of the “regrets” in my career life, the "drowned corpse" or siew rein got hidden by me since long ago in a closet, but whenever I licked my old wounds, I would always wonder why he got such a bad heart of never gave up haunting and playing games with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment