Thursday, June 10, 2010

Goodies in Kuching City Month of June, 2010


Shiso Plant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perilla



Writen by Mrs. Money



Long school holidays on June, naughty children keeping at house but I am unable keeping them at bay ....... I only could sigh if not getting angry with those "growing" graffiti on bedroom. Every morning my five years old daughter would get up but first thing asking for TV instead of greeting me, “Good morning, mom!” She would close all the curtains, switched on the light and air-condition all over again, from her request to hissing to screaming until she won her threat to get her ways, “I don’t want to eat!”
“I don’t want to take shower!”
“I don’t want to go Qdees!”


My cousin just returned from Vietnam brought some of my favorite things: Most luxury silk scarf, different kinds of coffee and Vietnamese coffee-maker. Then she told me what were those herbs that she ate in Vietnam, something interested both of us is a herb called Shiso, she ate that in California and I ate that in NZ. It was about 5 years ago when the Japanese friend who gave me the shiso seeds was never being sowed with crying babies.


At first my cousin explored by herself until she found a shiso plant over a 5th mile nursery, but she told me, “They don’t want to sell!”
I told her, “May be you should talk to the boss!”
So yesterday I went with her to the nursery, I requested for the boss, a chef who normally cooked at the road side was considered as a boss by the Indo helper. She was a very disappointed lady; I thought that my cousin was alone that's why she was rejected , but with two tigresses meowing nicely we still got rejected, they neither wanted to give us a twig nor to sell us a twig. In fact my six-sense told me they were watching over us tightly, with that feeling I quickly pulled out my cousin and kids. Before we left, we ate outside the canteen, I asked the workers, “Where is your boss?”
“In India.”


I will never ever step in this kind of nursery anymore, I told my cousin, peoples who love herbs would be so willing to share with other herb lovers, we were willing to pay but they didn’t want to sell, so what’s the use of opening a big nursery with exclusive herbs to show but not to sell?! God knows I have connections all over the world, if I am desperated enough, I can even afford to fly in an exclusive seedling instead of being suspected by someone wanted to steal their "exclusive herbs!" I am quite definite that moneytaitai's garden got more exclusive herbs than this 5th mile nursery!


So my cousin and I popped in the regular nursery that we went, the owner’s name is Lisa, we asked Lisa if she has any shiso, at first she hesitated, “… No.” But as she was unsure so she bought us to see her herbs-lover mom, I asked her mom, “Do you have shiso?”
Out of all our surprises, “yes!” her mom replied and she told us that it’s the only shiso plant she got. She took it out from a corner of her herbal garden and even more out of our surprised, she said, “I give it to you!”
My cousin and I were both so touched, I told my cousin, “She got a true spirit of an herb lover who is always willing to share!”


Her daughter Lisa, even though runs a nursery next door, but when Lisa brought us to her mom’s garden, everything we wanted she would give us free, I remembered two years ago I brought my friends to visit the nursery but it happened was closed for holiday, so I went to Lisa’s parents and woke them up from siesta nap, her mom gave my friends some mulberry tea that really thrilled my friends. Three months ago, when I asked Lisa where I could get “South African Tree”, she just went to her mom’s garden cut off some twigs and passed to me, “For you!”
“How much?”
“No need to pay!” Now the SA twigs are growing very well in my garden, actually I am sipping the tea made from its leaves right now!


If you wish to contact Lisa for gardening services, she got some strong helpers too. I remembered I recommended my old classmate to a nursery along Stutong/BDC few months ago, the owner kind of slaughtered my old classmate and her gardeners very obviously were not fed probably, so I bought my old friend to Lisa again.


Lisa’s nursery is along Jalan Laksamana, Kuching.


Her contact is:
0165766518





Lisa's mother very kindly gave us her only shiso plant, my cousin and I were both so happy and thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment