Thursday, July 1, 2010

BEWARE OF DOGS!



There was one of the dogs across the fence, whenever I was weeding next to the fence. It would come continuously barking at me until I walked off, gosh! No matter how I sweet talk to it, our frequencies never on the same wavelength. But surprisingly, it would never bark at my gardeners who did the weeding.

Once an American psychologist said that an old dog would behave like its master (share same frequencies with its master), I finally understand the meaning of what had happened since last night, July 1st, 2010.

Across the fence frequently there were dogs barking at 3:00am at 5:00am whenever they saw a frog, a water hen, a stranger walked pass or joining the howling with the rest of our neighborhood canine species and water hens when a siren-on ambulance happened passing by at 2:00am. There are many cars over the fence, at 1:00am I got waken up by the cars locking sound, sometimes early morning at 5:30am I got waken up by cars unlocking sound. At the other side of fence is a highway, where is a permanent Kuching Midnight Racing Track.

My professionalism taught me well to listen what I wanted to listen to keep in mind, if I am a pianist, those unwanted noises are just the counterpoint for a Fugue. Of course if the counterpoint got too loud, I would be disturbed and I tried to solve the solution by sticking double layers plastic all over the louver wooden windows, sealed up all the holes that not even an ant could get through my house.

The problem is I was from a small town once, my next door neighbors of all different three directions were at least 5 kilometers away from each others, but in Kuching though I stay on a little house on a range, but the next door neighbors can be seem everyday by just across a wire gauge fence.

It’s quite embarrassing at first when I moved in the house, as first time in my life; I have such neighbors staying so closed to each others. When I saw them across the fence, I wondered, should I greet them 10 times in a day if I saw them out there for 10 times in a day? Then I found out that my greetings always were ignored and dogs’ barking were provoked instead! Okay fine I gave up after a year, being staying rude and impolite conditionally now. Also, I realized that even the dogs across the fence also not used to have new neighbor moved in an almost decade old vacant house but I later noticed that they only spared their smiling faces to only Ang Mo visitors. Animals like dogs and cats usually don’t like young strangers, but my kids love them, imagine the picture now of how my kids chased after neighbors’ cats got in my house. Screams, screams, screams, woof, woof, woof, meow, meow meows, screams, screams, screams, our counterpoint were always too loud and annoying.

I was a stranger to Kuching city when I first moved in Kuching, I told my friends that I didn’t know where is Kuching from its paws to its whiskers, you can’t tell any Ah Dog or Ah Mao friends that your husband could be only reached by telephone 24 out of 30, security is your priority. When daughters frequently without a father figure to seek as a role model, they become a little monster to their mommies; they would be a good girl to every relatives, teachers and friends, except their own mommies.


Recently, the my little crouching monster under the roof suddenly comes to an age that she loves to scream to show her tantrum, and her real depressed lonely helpless mom also needed to scream to connect the same frequency. So what had happened last night was her mom needed to pick up her brother at 21:15 from his tuition, she chased after her mom screamed loudly that she wanted to follow her mommy.

The chase and screams continued out at the car port, suddenly across the fence my name was being called first time in my two years stay in this house but followed by a rolling fortissimo scolds to hush the little monster. I looked at the panic little “angel”; I turned to apologize instead of giving a bad example to her of how to conduct nasty bitchy bad mouthing fights.

So I educated my kids very sarcastically, “You know there are two kinds of people they never control their tantrums of not giving people any face: One is the gangster and the other type is those typical ex-British brain-washed civilians who ate full Ang Mo shit ones, yet they didn’t learn the most refined British’s good cultivation, they speak only English and dialects except no Mandarin. There are bitches in Chinese, Malay or Ang Mo cultures; they simply don’t give people who annoyed them any face!”

How much I wish someone who has much more experience than me in educating kids and who loves dogs but at the same time could extend a helping hand by teaching my kids nicely and kindly, “Come my little monsters, these are some candies for you, let aunty tells you that you have been screaming too much, really disturb my sleeping and the whole neighborhood, can you treat your mom nicely so your mom don’t get angry and screaming too? I will scold you huh, if you scream again, okay?”

Actually not all neighbors are negative towards screaming kids, one of them told me, “For so long, we don’t have kids sound in this neighborhood, all kids are growing up around our area!”

“Thanks my friend, unfortunately not everyone here works from 8 to 5, some of them are working without timing, they have to sleep during day time, noon time, early evening or just before twilight and they hate screaming annoying kids cum their angry mom while they sleep at indefinite hours!” Sometimes you can’t force someone who prefers barking dogs than screaming kids. Also owls and pigeons hard to stay on the same tree if they don’t know such virtue called “toleration.” By the way my monster shouldn’t be staying as a monster forever; kids grow fast, change bad habits in every three months, who knows that this Kuching stay might be just another of my sojourn, a transitional home to path my new career earning another more suitable home.


This morning, I whispered the little monster out of the bed, “Hurry up, please don’t give me any tantrum or screaming, or else your mom will be scolded loudly again until faceless by the one you saw and heard last night, got it?!” Hohohoho, she got up quietly and didn’t give me hard time this rainy morning.

My aloof oddity to release my aggravated depression by honking, fast driving and hysterical was just a last night nightmare! In life, sometimes unpleasant painful episode happened could unexpectedly turn into good education for some maverick breed children!

No comments:

Post a Comment