Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Homemade Pesto















This was the pesto I prepared and brought to my sister in Singapore


Fusion Truffle Pesto recipe for my sister 004 and cousin Yellow Ant



Written by Mrs. Money



I felt in love with pesto when my sister cooked for me pasta with fresh mushrooms and Lingurian pesto about three years ago (from the can she brought from Singapore), so from that day onward I began my ambition to produce my own pesto fresh from my garden.

Ann, my cousin gave me the first sweet and Thai basil plants about a year ago. The limited basils were a treassure for me until they propagated. Now, lush sweet basils thrive in all four corners next to the fence of my little cottage


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of fresh young Genovese basil leaves and shoots, washed and dried (Tips: Must pick from garden in the early morning; Soak basils in cold water a while to suppress the overwhelming aroma)

  • 2 cloves fresh garlic

  • ⅓ cup of pine nuts (walnuts can be used as alternative)

  • ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese

  • ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil

  • A pinch of Salt, black peppers and (truffles: Fusion Truffle Pesto - Addition of truffles is a personal preference)

Procedures:
Put everything in a food processor except olive oil added in last.

This pesto can put on any pasta, garnish with pine nuts and fresh coriander leaves on top.



Additonal Tips in Long Lasting Pesto Pickling:
Fry the minced basils, dash of salt and garlic in a pan with olive oil until aroma released, then add additional olive oil. Off fire, let it cools down, then add pinenuts and cheese, mix well before storing in a container.

1 comment: