Monday, April 25, 2011

SAD STORIES OF A NAUGHTY STUDENT


Dog luck invisible creepy thief never got caught but the visible naughty student is frequently being condemned in school
http://www.bintulu.org/news/2008/12/12/ting-unlocked-sjk-chung-hua-no2.php


Written by Mrs. Money


In 2040, the world technology becomes so advance that people can borrow “story books” from public library in an ultra thin “old age laptop” dubbed as A4.

Although the world has become so advance but people’s moral standard has become so corrupted. New- age people have to carry their A4s everywhere they go, if they leave it at home without alarm, this A4 always becomes the prime target for thieves.

As stealing becomes so frequent that library authority will not accept penalty fees but a replacement of any used A4 is required.

There is an absent minded scientist leaves his A4 at home got stolen, as he doesn’t own any cheap used A4, he offers to pay the library but his money has gotten rejected.

Soon policeman comes to his house, give him warning it is a compulsory to fix an alarm in his house, the reason is in this modern era thieves have become so smart that police can’t catch them, so their duty is not required to catch nasty creepy invisible thieves but merely to keep an eyes on civilians if they can’t take care of their own properties, belongings and public properties, they will be penalized! (In short, creepy thieves are encouraged to steal)

The police beat the famous scientist as he can’t produce any used A4 to the library. On the next day the police come asking for used A4 again, the man can’t produce it so he “eats the rattan” (beat) again. On the third day, the scientist’s annoyed old mom advised him to return the library an expensive version of A4 (4X more expensive version) to solve the problem.
**********



In old days’ Chinese primary schools, if a student’s belonging was stolen, even if the teacher was not able to catch the thief, but all the students would be warned and lectured. But it is so disappointing that when my son borrowed the library book and left it in his drawer overnight, the reason he told me because he was worried if he took it home his sister might tear it accidentally. The next day he found the book was lost thus he couldn’t return the book to the teacher, he told me he paid RM5 to the teacher.
I thought the problem was solved, but next day his class monitor told me my son got canned by the teacher yesterday because his library book got lost. The same morning my kind friend who popped in my son’s class to ensure that he was alright, but who knew the class monitor was also complaining to her that how my son’s library book got missing, and she told her that my son has to pay RM5 penalty. So my friend called me, I replied her, “Ya, ya, ya, the monitor already told me this morning when I reached the class, but yesterday my son told me he paid the teacher RM5 already!”

Again, on the next morning, the monitor nagged the same thing on me again, I got so annoyed, I told her off, “Isn’t that he paid the money already? You should ask your teacher to catch the thief instead of keep asking for the money. As the book got stolen only within 18 hours, the thief could be the student who was the last one who left the class or the first one who reached the class in the morning! But how can your teacher never mention to catch the creepy invisible thief but instead of a visible naughty boy!”

I cursed while I left the class then a teacher overheard it, I told him exactly of what I told to the monitor. After school, first time my son told me he got canned by the teacher again. So I asked him, “Did teacher F try to catch the thief in your class?”

He replied, “No. But the teacher who canned me asked me must bring a used book from our home to replace the lost book.”

I got mad and nagged again, “Why? You have paid that RM5, and we don’t have that kind of cheap book at home! Why you have to pay money and replace a lost book at the same time?”

So I asked my boy to bring a very expensive Chinese encyclopedia about human body to replace the lost cheap book. The canning eventually stops, but everyday his classmate still tell me how naughty my boy is, I really got annoyed, so Mr. Money told me, if next time those nosy kids annoy me again, I should tell them, “Naughty boy still behaves a lot better than those running loose creepy thieves in your class!”

I did bring this matter to the discipline teacher, she told me, “No, it is impossible to catch the thieves in school, these days kids are so cunning. The other day, I let them used two cans of ink, but at the end of the class, both cans of ink were missing and nobody admitted stealing!” Obviously, the stealing case was taken lightly by the teacher, as two cans of ink don’t cost much!!!

Thefts are encouraged just because these teachers are not smart enough to catch them? Once students’ belongings got stolen, teachers only warned the victimized students to keep their own belongings properly, in my son case he got canned but never once any teacher mentions in his class, “Who steals his book?” The invisible thief never was condemned but instead the victimized student got canned, is this new kind of Chinese education practice and moral teaching in primary school right here in Sarawak state?

This is Mr. Money’s choice of new era Chinese education and moral teaching but definitely it is not my choice if I have strong financial power. I was a teacher too, when such case of theft occurred, students knew that I screamed and shouted so madly, thus never ever in their existing years stealing case happened again, until they were gone, a new batch appeared an invisible rascal conducted stealing again, I screamed and shouted so madly again, it ceased again until I quitted my job!

Note: Eventually after a week, my son classmate told me RM5 was returned to my son by his teacher but my son never told me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment