Monday, April 26, 2010

Goodies in Kuching City May 2010





Recommended by Mrs. Money

An equatorial haven in Kuching .... out of my expectation, a very relaxing place to eat, to see, to rest ... if you want you can stay here and pets lovers even can bring along their pets.




The Secret Sanctuary Boutique Hotel cum Restaurant
133, Taman Stutong Indah,
93350 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Phone:082-363001
HP: 0198888986

Restaurant opens from 7:00 to 24:00
(But please make reservation)


120 days of year 2010 just vapourized out of our awareness, somewhere in silence is urging me everyday, " ... don't drag on anymore, it's time to send your work to your editor, May should be your deadline ....."
"Hi.... I have excuses..... my kids were sick, then I was sick, then my kids got sick again and then when I kissed them I got flu again.... "
Hmmm... if I want to give excuses, there are uncountable, in this case I have to work and plan in advance for certain things in life, so for the month of May, I will have more time to sit down at home meeting my deadline!


Mr. Money's birthday coming soon on May, each year I tried weeks or even months earlier looking for a suitable celebration venue. Today I finally have located one just somewhere near my neighbourhood, I appreciate my old friend Jen who bought me and even invited me for such a nice siesta hours lunch.




The owner's name is Cyril Lim, he is a person with good taste, multi-talented and very artistic. He is also a home and landscape designer, browse through his Secret Sanctuary then you will truely appreciate what he has done to the nature and how he could bring art to our equatorial landscape. The Secret Santuary keeps under constant motification, renovation and upgrading for a better ambient.
Cyril is really creative when coming to design water scenes: If under the rain I could imagine the scene like Debussy's "Garden under the rain"; For other sunny days, I would call this as the "Garden under the flowers"; these purple flower creepers are droping from the sky (from the netting above) kissing towards the water.



Another room with equatorial setting design


You can pay a certain amount and enjoy the day trip here by relaxing and swimming in the pool with equatorial motif. This relaxing place gives holistic curing and facial services too.



If you don't look the net above, you would think that it's natural!


Good fish feng shui decorative item placing on a right direction


These red laterns would look too worldly if ended up on downtown streets, but here the red brightened the brown wooden furnitures with good taste


Japanese carps are swimming happily with clean unsmelly water


Good coffee, Korean kimji, Japanese squids and seaweed pickles, these are few of my favorite things!


First time I tried the Sarawak natives' ginger shoots, it's a wonderful exotic dish! Taste good too!


Cyril Lim with RTM Broadcaster Jennifer Lau, they have been long time friends.


The sauce made with basils


Cyril's girlfriend Julia prepared us this ultra thick sandwich filled with different goodies.



Healthy colorful and sweet treats!


There are few smart dogs and a black healthy cat in Cyril's Secret Santuary, one of his dogs got such feat of jumping and standing on a bar and roof! He said he welcomes pets, so good news for those who love pets. I will sure bring my kids along, but I think those pets might end up hiding under the stove!



This Yong Tao Fu soup with added Fu Joo is a very unique combination, must try when you come here for breakfast or light lunch!

1 comment: