Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Goodies in Kuching City April 2010





Recommended by Mrs. Money

Foo Chow's Favorite Kan Pan Mian and Bian Niuk!

When I was living in Auckland, somebody told me there is a kan pang mian store in Christchurch, she told me, "Someone even missed their flights because 0f waiting for kan pan mian!"

No matter where they go, foo chow miss their kan pang mian even if they have to drive 10 kilometers or take a boat to reach their nostagic kan pan mian!

When I first "migrated" to Kuching, from time to time I visited this kan pan mian on the way to my kids' schools, especially during early morning before 7:00, I always found this hard working couple could always readily prepare their kan pan mian on time for my kids, while proceeding our way to school, often we saw the jet was just on its way ascending headed northwards.

I think this couple would be able to cook for anyone if one is preparing to fly off at 7am MAS flight to Miri, they told me every morning (except Thursday) they reach their store at 5:00am.

I am quite surprised that this couple only entirely preparing foo chow kan pan mian, bian niuk and kong piang, whereas other stores in Kuching would sell varieties of noodles, even though the owner, Mr. Lau's wife is a Cantonese.

This morning my girl was crying didn't want to go to school, Mr. Lau left his cooking to pamper her. I "interviewed" him and his wife while I ate, I found out they have a teenage son and stayed 10 miles away from Kuching city. He was working as a project manager for a very well known grass and aluminium company until he got to an age that climbing high up became a threat for him. Since he was a teenager in Sibu town he got an experience in operating kan pan mian store, so he decided to return this old days job to find a living.

I decided to list his foo chow kan pan mian and bian niuk as goodies inspite the tea and coffee served there in the kopitiem obviously need more improvement! After I ate there for a while Mr. and Mrs. Lau's kan pan mian and bian niuk never out of "quality control", later I even sent my connoisseur old friend and his wife to taste, the test passed with good remarks.



This coffee shop can be seem from Stutong roundabout, toward right side of One TJ.




Hardworking Mr. Lau prepared his regular customers' order



No comments:

Post a Comment