Wednesday, February 24, 2010

HOMEMADE BODY CREAM


Prepared and Written by Mrs. Money



I went to departmental stores searching for body lotions or body creams, but most of those cheaper creams and lotion are heavily scented with perfumed and contained inferior ingredients. A good bottle of lotion or cream could easily cost more than RM50, thus often I returned home empty handed dissapointed and sad that I am not rich enough to efford expensive things.

After I saw one of my passion tree, its flowers kept dropping before developed into fruits, so I decided to use its blossoms to prepare scented oil. I leave the scented oil in the refrigerator, I will prepare it anytime when I am in right mood.

The scented oil should be mixed and heated up with beeswax, then stir in distilled water. The process is quicker than baking a cake or cooking a dish, I think this is perfect for a person who hated shopping, if I go to a store to get a bottle of lotion or cream, it will take more time than myself making one at home!



Always prepared this scented oil and leave it in the refrigerator, I would recommend grapeseeds oil as it is safe for sensitive skin

Ingredients: Grapeseeds oil, rose buds, sweet basil leaves, blossoms of passion, chili, lime, basil, dill and tomatoes (contained pollens)



Beeswax is so expensive, (200GM cost me NZ$20++) luckily I just needed it sparingly, based on two tablespoons mixed with half a cup of scented oil.


With 1/4 cup of oil and a tablespoon of beeswax, I produced around 300 gram, good enough for a whole month for me and two kids. It just cost RM15 (not counting blossoms and herbs from money tai tai's garden); if anyone interested I can offer you 250g with RM30!!!


Colourants-free, non-toxic and no bad scent but very thick cream with light beeswax and flower scents! Just need to apply sparingly on normal skin and cracked heels

2 comments:

  1. wow.. really salute you.. :)))))))
    lihai!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marjoram and thyme seeds that you gave me already germinated, very good seeds and also my cape gooseberry just started to germinate (I am really smiling when seeing of all these rare seedlings! Just unbelievable!)Tks very much, please pop in my house for seedlings after 3 more weeks or get the remaining seeds, this time round seeds are all good and fresh.

    ReplyDelete