Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Goodies in Kuching City On Month of December 2009




Recommended by Mrs. Money




Teak Furniture and Lights in Kuching
I was shopping around Kuching for reasonable price teak furnitures ever since I moved in Kuching a year ago but to my dissapointment I eventually ordered most of my teak furniture as far from Miri and Kota Kinabaru. On October, my cousin brought me to a new teak furniture shop where a very pretty soft spoken owner was giving me a good deal. I would pop in her shop on and off since then, one morning I saw there was another man in the shop, I asked him, "May I know who are you?"

He said, "I am a shop assistant here."

After I browsed through the shop finally the pretty lady owner appeared, I still in doubt of my sharp six sense, "Pretty lady, who is he?" I pointed at him.

"He is my husband." hmmm... my sniffing nose still is working!


So I ended visiting the pretty lady's husband lighting shop, he said he has been in this lighting business since more than a decade ago. I found out there are quite a number of exclusive collections like "fireplace" with artificial charcoal, Spanish-made lights, China-made

furniture with Chinese or Middle East motifs.

If you are new comer to Kuching city I would advice you to go to these two shops to take a look, make sure you meet the pretty Ginnie at Casa Reka Gallry at Lot 68, Jalan Satok. Tel: 422271 and the very friendly husband who runs the Regency Lighting shop at Lot 2589-2590 Central Park Commercial Centre, 3rd Mile, Rock Road. Phone: 244266/ 0198860029




With Made-in-Spain Spainish alabaster stone lamp







Ready made fireplace



Ice-Cream in Kuching



Last weekend after keeping my kids in the house for whole day, they yelped and insisted me to bring them to the park for a walk. After walking they further pestered me to bring them for ice-cream. So eventually I brought them to Scoops, the owner happened to be there, he was very kind to my boy and we really enjoyed our yummy ice-cream there with Christmas ambience.



The shop is along the Jalan Laksanma



I like this hanged on signboard




Hawker's Food in Kuching

My kids got quite restless during school holiday, they would bug me until I brought them out to eat super from time to time. I came across this Mee Bao Kong of Lau Lee's Coffee Shop next to Stutong market is special and yummy. The couple who operate it are both friendly and thoughtful for people with young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment