Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Second Harvest





Written By Mrs. Money

Date: Oct 7th, 2009




I got a shock this morning when I went to the front yard, the havoc looked like an elephant had entered my garden last night! But after I thought logically, then I remembered yestersday got such strong winds that my passion fruits trees supporting stands were all fallen to the ground. Can you believe that such an unexpected mess was caused all because I was too lazy to even take a hammer to nail those wooden sticks deep down into the ground?


After I spent an hour to hammer and errect those stands firmly on ground (luckily the passion fruit plants missed only few leaves), I still continued on my gardening. I used kite papers, newspaper and plastic to cover up more young tomatoes, eggplants and cucumbers.


At last came to picking at least a hundred over red tomatoes. The second harvest of tomatoes was even more joyful, unfornately my handphone camera out of my dissapointment somehow couldn't save those beautiful photes.


This time round harvest got more bigger and mature red tomatoes, and also in the few days times more mature cucumbers, eggplants and okra will be emerged plentifully.


So please come along my house for a cup of tea or coffee, I will give you some vegetables, oh yes... baby kai lang are also getting bigger and quicker these few days due to late afternoon and evening rainfalls.



















My Sphagetti Dinner with freshly picked organic tomatoes and basils from the garden








2 comments:

  1. what a joy.. :)
    thrill to see all harvests..

    haha.. i also harvest tomato but is virtual one in facebook's farm ville :) haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the facebook farmville is quite fun, many of my friends on it!

    ReplyDelete