Thursday, July 12, 2012

HARVEST OF SOUR SOP


 (LOCAL FOO CHOO-MALAYSIANS CALLED IT ANGMO DURIAN)


A kilogram sweet species soursop



Written by Miss Yellow





Sour sop but not sour? Yes, my old classmate Au Au ordered by his as wonderful wife to bring along these “not sour” special Ang Mo durian seedlings from Sarikei for me, also thanks to Au Au’s parents who always have some rare species fruit-seedlings, so if the wonderful couple planted two sweet Angmo durian trees, I also wanted the seedlings at the same time, in short I took the full advantage of .... "this is what the friends are for!!!"




Three years old soursop tree, which is more than eight foot tall now


 
First fruit ripen on the tree, skin turned slightly yellowish. If Angela and Au Au here in Kuching, this first fruit I actually intended to give them, so glad they are not in town so I "eat" it for them!

A big surprise for me, there weren't many seeds like the old angmo durian species. The fresh was not  watery that would end up driping on the chopping board, when you took a bite, it was sweet yet juicy!


I didn't bluff, just to cut to show you that this rare sweet species with few seeds can be cultivated for make soursop juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment