Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grey on White Schoo Shoes


Why Chinese primary school students
went to school with white shoes
but returned home with grey shoes?!



Written by Mrs. Money



Mr. Money insisted his little money must study in Chinese primary school, his reasons .... I think wouldn't be much different from the rest of the Chinese-Malaysians' "China-men": We are Chinese; China is booming; Future success if doing business with the rest of Chinese around the world.

Last year, I always blamed and scolded the little Money who went to school with white shoes and socks on but returned home with grey shoes and socks.

Then few weeks ago, in a Friday morning when I sent the little Money to school, my eyes all a sudden looking down towards the floor and realized that 99% of these students wore dirty grey shoes, there was an exceptional 1% who came to school with new cleaned white shoes. When I took up my handphone wanted to take a photo of those grey dirty shoes, those smart students ran off with their mights!

So I went to see the school disciplinary-in-charged teacher, he told me he noticed the problem too, he found out it could be due to the cement that turned white shoes into grey in just a day of school.

So I have a doubt in my mind, "If this new primary school's cement floor dust good for students' lungs in a long term basis? Should the school asks to use compression to clean the cement throughoutly?"

I mocked meaningly at little Money, "Hi, your daddy made you study in the little China; you will get immuned and insensitive towards dirt, smelly and chaos. By the way your English, BM and Chinese now all become 'arang-arang'. Quantity becomes more important than quality!"



I hate Saturday when I have to wash all his grey shoes and grey socks, this cement dirt can't be wash by detergent, no kidding, recently I finally discovered "jiff" is the only best whitening agent to wash this stubborn grey off easier!

My old classmate's kids came to my house every Wednesday after school, I was surprised seeing them with after-school white shoes on, I wonder if every students in Lodge International returned home with white shoes still.


I talked to the disciplinary-in-charged teacher and questioned him why Lodge's students returned home with white shoes but not CH? He told me may be they don't have cement floor classrooms. That's why ones pay such high price to send kids to Lodge in a "little western country" instead of the "little China"!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ming Tai Tai, i think this incident had happened ages ago. During my time, Primary 1 -3 kids are asked to sit on the floor, with a plastic mats with our shoes off. But still my mom still grumbling about my black shoes every Sunday as we still have school on Saturday.My mom need to dry my white shoes behind the window unit air con...haha.. But nowadays, i dunno how the students studied in class as i was teaching in Secondary school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 70s or 80s during my time, my school we got chairs and tables, Sunday school even in a small little town of Sarikei got wooden floor to sit on, I really think how much the person-in-charged love kids genuinely. Early 2007 when I put my kids in a Methodist church Sunday school in Miri, somewhere along a river side, I couldn't believe they put kids sitting right on cement floor, but other poorer Baptist church Sunday school got chairs and tables for kids!

    ReplyDelete