Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A DIARY OF PINEAPPLE PLANTS


The best recommended fruit to plant along your fence!



It took around one and a half year to produce this yellow fruit!

Written by Mrs. Money


Pineapple plants need fertile soil and compost, it usually takes more than a year to bear fruit and takes around 6 months to get its fruit ripen.


With its sharp leaves, my dad advised me to plant along the fence to catch thieves!


There are different species of pineapples found in Sarawak state, a general friend told me he ate all different species of pineapples all over Malaysia, e.g. Bario, JB and Mukah species but for Sarikei's pineapple he thought it's the sweetest!

However I couldn't get the Sarikei pineapple species during the time I bought pineapples for their heads used to plant along the fence of my new house.



I planted 7 pineapple plants of different species along a side of fence, due to poor soil these plants still not yet bearing fruit!

After eating first pineapple, I saved its head for propagation. Soak in the water if you don't plant it immediately
Pineapple head used for propagation
Place this way down to the soil, bury an inch of the lowest portion into the ground, with good moisture, roots will soon be germinated from its underneath
Half of the first harvested pineapple, very sweet!

Pineapple ripen right from its tree, it's very satisfying to grow it!


Fully ripen golden pineapple

Ripen pineapple right before harvesting

No comments:

Post a Comment