Friday, March 8, 2013

Taste Buds Trills



A meal with Burmese salad and Daun Kesom spring rolls

 Yummy Burmese Salad



Written by Miss Yellow




A few months ago I learned that green unripe papaya is one of the natural remedies to cure cancer, but my excuse is my body’s cancer cells has not pinched me down yet, I not gonna forcing myself drinking green papaya juice like those poor malaria patients.
   On January, I was juicing green papaya and air flown it for my malaria infested ex-cancer-patient sister in Singapore, I wondered how could Singapore, such a clean country, her residents suffered from Malaria, and then I was told, ‘Indonesians brought it!’ Hmmmm……….

My Burmese neighbor heard that I wanted to do something with my green unripe papaya on my papaya trees (Last year end, I chopped two, died one and I only have a tree remained) immediately she offered to prepare and let me tried her Burmese salad.
   My Burmese neighbor is from a very prominent Burmese family and she develops very good taste buds for gourmet foods and her green papaya salad prepared for me was much more refined and tastier than any green papaya salads I tried before.

Of course after that from time to time I innovated it in different ways, anyhow she always likes my innovative ways especially after a day of hard work, she never complaint anything I ever cooked for her!


 Have you ever thought of preparing spring roll with daun kesom?
http://miraclekitchencleaningaidsco.blogspot.com/2013/03/daun-kesom-spring-rolls-i-ate-best-ever.html


Burmese Salad, a special thank to my Burmese neighbor who taught me how to prepare this dish.



Ingredients

Quarter unripe big green papaya, peel off skin, shredded the papaya (big or small up to one's preference)

One potatoes, cut into thin small pieces, boil 
Vermicelli, soak then boil
Give both of them a cold bath

Half big onion cut into rings, deep fried in the oil until brown and crispy, (Optional to add small dried prawns); use both oil (up to one's wish), crispy onion and crispy small dried prawns

Soy bean fried and prepared to grind into fine powder, need two big tablespoons

Cilandro leaves for garnishing

A  lemon

Two spoons (use big serving spoon) of fish sauce


Mix all of them together, can mash the potatoes slightly (opt)

1 comment: